PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECTWhen you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONWe share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
BEHAVIOURAL ADVERTISINGAs described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
By pressing the unsubscribe link in any of the email correspondences you receive.
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18 unless under a guardian’s supervision.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT (‘’POPI’’)
The Screwman Pretoria cc (“Company’’) is committed to the adherence of national and international legislation and regulations pertaining to the safeguarding of Data Privacy and the protection of personal information when processed by any person, whether natural or juristic in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (4) 2013 (‘POPI’’) and/or similar international legislation. Further, the purpose for which the Customer’s personal information will be collected and processed is to ensure that such personal information and documentation is verified and vetted to promote compliance with the company’s policies and thus prevent fraudulent and/or corrupt business activities.
- The Company shall collect, process, and store the personal information of the Customer for the purpose intended, namely the opening of an incidental cash or credit account with the Company and that it shall proceed to act in accordance with the provisions of POPI in collecting, processing, and storing the Customer’s personal information.
- During the business relationship between the Customer and the Company, the Customer acknowledges and consents to the processing of the Customer’s personal information for any purpose relating to the administration, management and operations of the Company’s legitimate business purposes or legal obligations by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company.
- The Company undertakes not to disclose the Customer’s personal information unless it is legally or contractually required or for its legitimate business purposes. Similarly, the Customer has the corresponding obligation to the Company in this regard.
- The Customer acknowledges that the Company will use reasonable efforts in order to ensure that the Customer’s personal information in its possession or processed on its behalf is kept confidential, stored in a secure manner and processed in terms of POPI and for the purposes for which the Company has been authorised. Similarly, the Customer has the corresponding obligation to the Company in this regard.
- The Customer declares that all personal information supplied to the Company for the purposes of procurement and related legal and operational reasons is accurate, up to date, is not misleading and that it is complete in all respects. The provision of misleading information by the Customer may lead to termination of the business relationship with the Company. It shall always remain the responsibility of the Customer to immediately advise the Company of any change to its personal information should any of the Customer details change including, but not limited to, a change of ownership or control in the Customer.
- The Customer hereby provides its consent to the Company to process its personal information, as provided above, and acknowledges that it understands the purpose for which it is required and for which it will be used.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND POPI ACT
You agree to the terms and condition and terms pertaining to the POPI act. This is applicable when you contact The Screwman Pretoria cc both online and offline in an effort to conduct business with the company.
if you no longer want to recieve marketing communication or you no longer wish to do business with The Screwman and want your account information deleted please email email@example.com .